SANTA CLARA, CA—(Marketwired – February 22, 2018) – Zang, an Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA) company, today launched new workflow updates, which include a full suite of new features that will enable businesses to communicate faster and more directly, foster greater team engagement and collaboration, and help provide superior customer service to customers. Here are the six new Zang Workflow updates that will help businesses take their communications to the next level:
- Arrow Connect IoT tasks: Today's businesses are looking to introduce more automation and connected technology into their operations. With the Arrow Connect IoT platform in conjunction with Zang Cloud, users can now seamlessly integrate sensors and smart devices into new and existing workflows.
- New tasks: Zang Cloud already makes it quick and convenient for users to add tasks to workflows. These new workflow updates make this experience even better with the addition of five new smart tasks: Add Participant, Send MMS, Record and Transcribe Calls, Play Recording, and Speech Recognition.
- Template–based workflows: By providing a working example that can be started and tweaked to fit specific needs, Templates can help anyone jumpstart their next development project. Whether it's an out–of–the–box solution, such as three–legged IVR or a more complex workflow, users will no longer need to spend time in development before seeing a project take shape.
- Custom Events: Available in the designer, this new feature conveniently enables the addition of phone calls or SMS inside user workflows.
- Definition of properties: Back–end development can be time–consuming and complex. This new tool makes it easier than ever for users to define the properties in their workflow, helping keep projects on budget and on time.
- Invoking of Workflows from REST client: REST has become an increasingly popular API model in recent years, and now users will be able to invoke workflows from a REST client. This can enhance collaboration and enable workflow completion in a more mobile–friendly and agile environment.
Zang Workflow is a graphical design tool that enables users to easily build communication apps and workflows. It's simple to use and doesn't require users to learn complex programming languages or even understand 'code' in order to build a great idea.
Accessing the Zang Workflow tool is simple. Sign up for a free Zang Cloud account and Workflow is already included. Creating new apps then becomes as a simple as 'dragging' and 'dropping' communication actions (like sending an SMS or transferring a call) into our design tool.
“Communication in business is all about having the right tools. With these new workflow updates, we're providing six new smart Zang Cloud solutions that will help businesses improve team communication and collaboration both inside and outside of their organization, enabling them to provide superior service and build lasting connections with customers.”
— Mo Nezarati, GM, Zang, Inc.
“One of the biggest roadblocks to the successful rollout of IoT is its complexity. Developers have been forced to deal with a myriad of protocols, sensors, platforms, and transports. Now, with IoT–enabled Zang, the marriage of smart technologies and cloud communications is as easy as drag and drop. If you can draw your idea on a whiteboard, you can have an IoT solution up and running in as little as a few minutes.”
— Andrew Prokop, Director of Emerging Technologies at Arrow SI
About Zang, Inc.
Zang, an Avaya company, provides digitally native communications solutions for organizations and individuals. Zang solutions are the culmination of decades of communication innovation on a pure cloud platform and include Zang Cloud, a communications development platform and API used to embed voice and messaging capabilities into applications; Zang Office, a cloud phone system for businesses; and Zang Spaces, a meeting and team collaboration–as–a–service application. For more information, visit www.zang.io
Avaya enables the mission–critical, real–time communication applications of the world's most important operations. As the global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya provides the most complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications — offered on premises, in the cloud, or as a hybrid solution. Today's digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward–Looking Statements
This document contains certain “forward–looking statements.” All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward–looking” statements for purposes of the U.S. federal and state securities laws. These statements may be identified by the use of forward looking terminology such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “might,” “our vision,” “plan,” “potential,” “preliminary,” “predict,” “should,” “will,” or “would” or the negative thereof or other variations thereof or comparable terminology and include, but are not limited to, expected feature releases, statements about future products, expected cash savings and statements about growth, exchange listing and improved operational metrics. The Company has based these forward–looking statements on its current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While the Company believes these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward–looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond its control. The factors are discussed in the Company's Registration Statement on Form 10 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, may cause its actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward–looking statements. For a further list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to the Company's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. The Company cautions you that the list of important factors included in the Company's SEC filings may not contain all of the material factors that are important to you. In addition, in light of these risks and uncertainties, the matters referred to in the forward–looking statements contained in this report may not in fact occur. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward–looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as otherwise required by law.
Source: Avaya Newsroom